Friday, July 11

(Home)sick

Thank goodness for Pepto (and B for bringing Pepto like an experienced and well-prepared traveler)! My stomach has been very mad at me the last couple of days. The combination of the GI problems and the heat and the demands of the workshop have really worn on me. Of course, it was only a matter of time before the stomach problems kicked in but the coincidence with the workshop has proved embarrassing. I clued B and T-Man in and within a few hours the faculty all took an interest in my condition. Unfortunately, I fear that I will forever be known as that "intern girl that was sick all of the workshop."

At dinner at SUASA with a number of the faculty, each put in their suggestion about what I should eat. I was thinking of a vegetable curry with rice but they suggested just plain rice. So dinner on Wednesday was just that, rice. Not going to lie, at this point I'm pretty sick of rice. And SUASA. And Oasis. And Dragonaire. Crunchy vegetable roll at Kinya with JC and C-Bear and Pinkberry with P would be pretty awesome right about now. 42 days until I return to the States...not that I'm counting or anything...

It's funny how being sick brings out the baby in me. I just want to go home and be in my non-mosquito netted bed.

No comments: