Saturday, June 21

Dragonaires and Soccer...Again

Another awesome Friday filled with brick-oven pizza and Euro2008. After a day of dissection and research for my INT199 paper, I was certainly ready for a night at Dragonaires. Jeran gave me a ring just as Al Jazeera was starting the 10-minute loop of news again. I think the Tanzania air has gotten to me or I've just become a total space cadet. I mis-read my messages and thought he was arriving on Saturday for some reason. Nevertheless, I caught a cab down to his hotel and gave him a tour--albeit a short one considering the size of Morogoro--around town. We met the guys (Dundy, Will, and T-Man) at Dragonaires and I surprised them all by ordering a Safari. I opted for the mixed vegetable and splurged on a large instead of a medium. It was certainly well worth the food coma that followed.

Afterwards I headed to Bird-Man's to watch the Turkey-Croatia match. A snoozer for the first 90 minutes of play, the match picked up in extended time--and the stoppage time that followed. My genius has finally been confirmed...at least according to a Norwegian saying that proclaims anyone that can explain the off-sides rule to a woman and have her understand it a genius. I got double points from Bird-Man for being a women and being able to explain it to T-Man. Thank goodness for that.

No comments: